[Eeglablist] Eye artefact identification via ICA without EOG channels

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Dec 9 16:58:19 PST 2015

Dear Clemens,

>the EOG channels do not seem to add substantially  more information with
regards to blink occurrences.

I agree with you. My understanding is that ICA captures blinks so easily
that even without EOG channels it can do the job perfectly. I compared 33ch
vs. reduced-to-3ch data (the latter contains the same Fz, Cz, and Pz of the
former) and run ICA separately. In both decompositions, the first IC was
eye blink, and their ERPimages were identical (except for scale)!

Makoto