[Eeglablist] Where to (alternatively) put ground and ref on ActiCap

Clemens DICKHUT clemens.dickhut at uni.lu
Mon Dec 14 06:40:46 PST 2015

Dear EEG experts,

I am using the standard ActiCap (layout attached) and I would like to replace the ground (AFz) and reference (FCz) electrodes with two others, as these occupy the frontal-medial region which will be a region of interest in my analyses (frontal-midline theta oscillations during working memory).

Which electrodes do you think could I sacrifice from the head to use as FCz and AFz, or in other words, which other sites would be appropriate for ground and reference?

I was thinking about the nose as reference and leaving the ground where it is, or, using POz and Oz as Ref and ground, respectively.

What do you suggest? Thanks in advance for your input!

Kind regards,
Clemens

Clemens Dickhut, M.Sc., (PhD Student)
Institute for Health and Behaviour
Research Unit INSIDE
University of Luxembourg - Campus Belval
Maison des Sciences Humaines
11, Porte des Sciences, R. 04 415
L-4366 Esch-sur-Alzette
Tel.: (+352) 46 66 44 9536