[Eeglablist] Trouble sending a trigger to the Scan 4.5 EEG system exactly when a response is made using E-prime system is displaying a stimulus.

David G Gilbert dgilbert at siu.edu
Fri Jan 15 16:03:53 PST 2016

Dear Group,

I'm working on a Go/NoGo task in E-prime 2.0 which will communicate with a Scan 4.5 system via a STIM AUDIO SYSTEM box. I am currently able to send out triggers at the onset of the stimulus and on the End of the stimulus.

However, I am unable to send triggers during the duration of the stimulus in E-prime.

I would like to send a trigger to the Scan 4.5 system exactly when a response is made while the E-prime system is displaying a stimulus.

I have tried using the "Task Events" feature in E-prime 2.0. However, when presented with the "Add Task Device" the port device I am using is not displayed. I have checked to make sure the device has been added and is open in the task.  The port device itself is a PCI-DIO 24 card.

Any help or thoughts on possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.
David Gilbert