[Eeglablist] multi-subject ICA

John Fredy Ochoa Gómez . jfochoaster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 00:29:04 PST 2016

Hello Russell, that is the approach that I used in this work:
http://emb.citengine.com/event/embc-2015/paper-details?pdID=6347

Other software like GIFT introduces additional steps mainly related to
whitenning previous to the ICA algorithm

Best

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 11:59 PM, Russell Butler <
Russell.Buttler at usherbrooke.ca> wrote:

> hey all, i'd like to get group-level components from the ICA in eeglab...i
> see the same components showing up over and over across subjects, so i was
> wondering if its possible to perform a multi subject ICA using
> pop_runica...similar to whats done with FSL's melodic.
>
> i was thinking of just merging all the datasets from all my subjects,
> running ICA on the merged set, and then applying the weights on the single
> subjects. does it make sense to do this, or is there another/better way?
>
> thanks,
>
> Russell

John Ochoa
Docente de Bioingeniería