[Eeglablist] epoch for time frequency analysis

LEBAR Nicolas nicolas.lebar at etu.univ-amu.fr
Mon Jan 18 03:03:29 PST 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for any advises for correctly epoch my EEG data. I need to epoch theses data for time frequency analysis (alpha, beta and gamma 50-80 Hz). I have 3 condition that each least for 6 seconds. Theses conditions are continuous and separated by events that I don't want to include in the analysis, leading me to  do 3 separated windows, one for each condition. So I was thinking to 2 options to avoid the events:
- epoch each condition from 2s to 4s after the event (cutting off 2s before and 2s after my windows off interest). So my analyzed window will be a 2s window.
- or epoch each condition from 1s to 5s after the event (cutting off 1s before and 1s after my windows off interest). So my analyzed window will be a 4s window.

Events are signal to process a movement for example.

I wonder about the trade off : "longer window" or "longer cut off from the event I want to avoid". Any helps would be very appreciated.
I hope this is clear enough.

Regards,

Nico