[Eeglablist] FW: reading xltec-produced data

Maria Veretennikova veretenn at stt.msu.edu
Sat Feb 13 11:01:14 PST 2016

Hi all,

We are starting to research EEG.

We have sets of files produced by XLTEC, each set consists of files with extensions:
.eeg, .erd, .snc, .etc, .stc, ent.

For example a typical set is a directory with these files:
Data.eeg
Data.erd
Data_001.erd
Data.erd
Data_001.etc
Data.etc
Data.snc
Data.stc
Data.ent

We have been looking for softwares that can read these files.

We tried EEGLAB, but we don't know which of these files is the correct one to import into it. And we could not import any of the files.

We also tried to read these files with https://github.com/gpiantoni/phypno/blob/83e01b096fdb96df3c3e4babf096ffc6b351a687/phypno/ioeeg/ktlx.py
It claims that the erd files are the main data files, which looks right because the biggest file is Data_001.erd.
However, the _read_erd function in ktlx.py applied to Data_001.erd returns only 32 mostly identical numbers (including some 'nan's), despite the file being 41MB in size. On the other hand, we know that 32 is also the number of channels.

We know Persyst can read the data, but we can't afford it, so we are looking for an alternative way / software to read the data.

Any help / suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Maria Veretennikova
Michigan State University, USA