[Eeglablist] ICA analysis and Interpolation

Andrea Helo andreahelo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 05:09:16 PDT 2016

Hi,

Thank you very much for your replies. They have been very useful. I will
follow the advice and I will interpolate after running ICA.

I have another question related to the filters this time.

I am filtering between 1 and 30 Hz before running ICA. I have read that
very low frequencies aren't good for ICA but the problem is that I have
also read that the amplitude of the components might be reduced when low
frequency are filtered.

D*o you thnik this might be a problem? In case it is *I have also found a
way to apply the ICA weights from 1Hz filtered data to the 0.1Hz filtered
data.

*Load 1Hz filtered data set after ICA has been conducted and bad
*>>>* components have been removed, then:*

*>>* TMP.icawinv = EEG.icawinv;
*>>>* *>>* TMP.icasphere = EEG.icasphere;
*>>>* *>>* TMP.icaweights = EEG.icaweights;
*>>>* *>>* TMP.icachansind = EEG.icachansind;
*>>>* *>>>>* % apply to epoched dataset
*>>>* *>>* clear EEG;
*>>>* *>>* EEG = pop_loadset('filename', [SUBJ{s}, '_bcgrem.set'],
'filepath', PATHIN);
*>>>* *>>* EEG.icawinv = TMP.icawinv;
*>>>* *>>* EEG.icasphere = TMP.icasphere;
*>>>* *>>* EEG.icaweights = TMP.icaweights;
*>>>* *>>* EEG.icachansind = TMP.icachansind;
*>>>* *>>* clear TMP;
*>>>* *>>* EEG = pop_saveset(EEG, 'filename',[SUBJ{s}, '_epoched.set'],
*>>>* *>>* 'filepath',PATHOUT);
*>>>* *>>* [ALLEEG, EEG, CURRENTSET] = eeg_store(ALLEEG, EEG, 0);
*>>>* *>>>>* end
*>>>* *>>* eeglab redraw;**

*Do you think this would solve the problem?* ... and I have another problem
related to the previous  point. I apply the same pre-processing (before
running ICA) to the two data sets (1Hz filtered data and 0.1Hz filtered,
following a protocol proposed by EEGLAB:
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Makoto's_preprocessing_pipeline).  Using this
protocol I reject epochs automatically but I don't get the same number of
epochs in both datasets. The 0.1Hz filtered data is noisier, so I get less
good epochs and I can't pass the ICA components from one datasets to the
other. So, the questions are

*Should I just export the epochs from one dataset to the other?*

*Do you know how to do that?*

*THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!*

--
Andrea