[Eeglablist] How can I detect ERD and ERS with eeglab or erplab

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 12:17:57 PDT 2016

Hello Amin, some brief notes below. All the best.

You can examine ERD and ERS with the ERSP (event related spectral
perturbation) function in eeglab, which gives similar Erd/ers information
about temporal changes in spectra. The E in each of those (for example ERD)
stands for some kind of Event necessary for such analyses, they are
"event-related" metrics. You could also use continuous data without events,
but you will probably have to measure erd/ers relative to some period or
condition in the data, which you have to choose.

You can info on ersp from the eeglab tutorial and eeglablist with google
searches.

The best idea is to try to copy the methods used in recent high quality
articles, check google scholar with your search terms (eg ERD and eeglab).

I think erplab is built mainly/only for erps, but check the online erplab
documentation.