[Eeglablist] Merging ICA components

robert coben drcoben at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 05:24:34 PDT 2016

Dave,

There is a good reason you are getting multiple components as the mu rhythm is multiply determined and has various aspects. Our previous research has shown mu (lack of mu suppression) to have frontal, temporal, central and limbic aspects that are disrupted bilaterally due to multiple connectivity deficits across these regions. What you see centrally at the surface is the result of these multiple phenomena. So, having multiple components is not a problem to collapse it is the reality of what you are studying.

Rob