[Eeglablist] Eye Movement Artifact correction

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 11:36:13 PDT 2016

Hello Agnieszka, a few notes below, best wishes.

***************************************
Yes with a low-density electrode array you might still find most
blinks, though with a low-density array ICA may not get "great"
separation of artifactual and neural ICs. Remember that once you
remove an IC or two, you will still have the same number of real
channels, they will just have those artifact ICs removed. Some
articles are listed below (of varying quality) that you can easily
find via google scholar. See also some of the eye-artifact related
plugins for eeglab.

EEG artifact removal—state-of-the-art and guidelines

Review of State of Art in Electrooculogram Artifact Removal from
Electroencephalogram Signals

Comparative analysis of wavelet based approaches for reliable removal
of ocular artifactsfrom single channel EEG

Unsupervised eye blink artifact denoising of EEG data with modified
multiscale sample entropy, Kurtosis, and wavelet-ICA

Comparison of three ICA algorithms for ocular artifact removal from
TMS-EEG recordings

An unsupervised eye blink artifact detection method for real-time
electroencephalogram processing

Eye blink characterization from frontal EEG electrodes using source
separation and pattern recognition algorithms

Detection of eye blink artifacts from single prefrontal channel
electroencephalogram

Hybrid EEG—Eye Tracker: Automatic Identification and Removal of Eye
Movement and Blink Artifacts from Electroencephalographic Signal

Real time eye blink noise removal from EEG signals using morphological
component analysis

Combining EEG and eye tracking: identification, characterization, and
correction of eyemovement artifacts in electroencephalographic data

Artifact Removal from EEG Signals Recorded Using Low Resolution Emotiv Device

The Removal of EOG Artifacts from EEG Signals Using Independent
Component Analysis and Multivariate Empirical Mode Decomposition

A preliminary study of muscular artifact cancellation in single-channel EEG

Automatic detection and classification of artifacts in single-channel EEG

Real Time Eye Blink Artifacts Removal in Electroencephalogram Using
Savitzky-Golay Referenced Adaptive Filtering