[Eeglablist] bandwidth powers calculation over time

Chong Li C.Li-1 at tudelft.nl
Tue Mar 29 19:25:28 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I have problems in calculating (alpha power/theta power) over time. I have studied the tutorial, currently I am able to reject the artifacts using visual inspection and ICA. I can also calculate (alpha power/theta power) over channels using EEGLAB GUI. But I still have problems computing this correlation over time. Since I don't have experience in EEG analysis, any help would be appreciated.

I collected the data using EMOTIV EPOC headset. In my analysis, I would like to see the correlation between alpha and theta. To normalize the power, these bandwidth powers will be divided by total power. Then I want to calculate (alpha power/theta power) over the first 20s period, and then update every 2s using a 20s moving window.

Thanks for the help in advance.

--
Chong Li PhD student
Department of Design Engineering