[Eeglablist] Export ERP grand average

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Apr 4 21:52:11 PDT 2016

Dear LiPen,

I thought there is official function supported in EEGLAB to export ERP to
the text data or something. However, it is not necessarily very convenient,
I remember (I used it more than 10 years ago so I don't know how it works
now).

You can simply average across trials i.e. erp = mean(EEG.data(ch,:,:),3);
or erp = mean(EEG.icaact(ic,:,:),3); for the selected channel or
independent component respectively. I wonder EEGLAB is designed to seduce
GUI users to start writing their own code to overcome inconvenience?

Makoto