[Eeglablist] Question about Cleanline

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Apr 6 12:40:50 PDT 2016

Dear Tim and Eric,

Thanks for your comments and corrections!

> Cleanline uses multitaper regression, with Thompson's F-statistic for
determining the probability of sinusoidal artifact at a given frequency.
There is no "Welch FFT" nor any need to high pass filter the data (this
would have no effect on Welch's method either).

Ah that's true, I was wrong. Hence the flat peak and two inputs for
determining the multitaper parameters (which is fixed to [3 5] in GUI).
Thank you for correction.

I referred to the PREP paper to show evidence that high-pass filter helps
CleanLine, so the data should be treated with high-pass before CleanLine. I
did not intend to refer to the paper to explain what CleanLine is. Sorry if
my explanation was misleading.

Makoto