[Eeglablist] Question about Cleanline

Tim Mullen mullen.tim at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 03:34:25 PDT 2016

Actually, that is not correct.

Cleanline uses multitaper regression, with Thompson's F-statistic for
determining the probability of sinusoidal artifact at a given frequency.
There is no "Welch FFT" nor any need to high pass filter the data (this
would have no effect on Welch's method either).

Please see the documentation and references I have provided for Cleanline,
in the toolbox Readme file on NITRC, paying attention to the "Tips on
Running Cleanline" section:
https://www.nitrc.org/projects/cleanline/

Eric, you may try running Cleanline iteratively on the data, gradually
increasing the significance threshold (LineAlpha). You may also try
different window sizes, as suggested in the tips. Other tips there may also
apply. If you have multiple epochs, ensure your window size and step size
equal (or divide) the epoch length.

You may also consult our PREP paper/toolbox, which wraps around Cleanline
and local detrending tools I have previously discussed on this list, as
well as other artifact rejection tools developed by Christian Kothe.

Best,
Tim Mullen