[Eeglablist] Question about Cleanline

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Apr 4 19:56:35 PDT 2016

Dear Eric,

First of all, did you apply it on the high-pass filtered data? CleanLine
uses EEGLAB's Welch's method for FFT (if I remember correctly) to evaluate
the spectrum, so the data needs to be high-pass filtered. See Nima
Bigdely-Shamlo's PREP pipeline paper for detail.

Did you average reference the data? It may help, especially if your data
are not re-referenced at all (like Biosemi's data).

Another thing is that you can expect a small improvement by doing this

 'SlidingWinLength',4,'SlidingWinStep',4

If these does not work, I recommend you band-pass filter your data 45-55Hz
to see stationarity of your 'line noise'-- is it really it??

Makoto