[Eeglablist] Question about Cleanline

Eric HG erichg2013 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 02:14:35 PST 2016

Hi everybody,

I've been trying to apply Cleanline instead of a notch filter but there
seems to be a problem with some of the subjects. Cleanline doesn't seem to
remove all the line noise (at 50 Hz) (see picture). Before I use cleanline
I use the function pop_firwsord to high- and low-pass the EEG.

I use cleanline with the following settings:

[EEG, Sorig, Sclean, f, amps, freqs, g] = pop_cleanline(EEG, 'Bandwidth',2,
'ChanCompIndices',[1:EEG.nbchan], ...

'SignalType','Channels','ComputeSpectralPower',true,

                          'LineFrequencies',[50]
,'NormalizeSpectrum',false,

'LineAlpha',0.01,'PaddingFactor',2,'PlotFigures',false,

                          'ScanForLines',true,'SmoothingFactor',100,
'VerboseOutput',1,    ...

                           'SlidingWinLength',4,'SlidingWinStep',2);
Does anyone know what might need to be changed to fix this?

Best,

Eric

[image: Inline image 1]