[Eeglablist] segmenting error

Liz Chrastil chrastil at bu.edu
Tue Apr 12 07:17:19 PDT 2016

Hi EEGers

I'm running into an error when I segment, remove the baseline using
pop_rmbase, and reject bad trials.  I am trying to use the entire epoch as
the baseline.  It works fine for most conditions, but when I come to a
condition that only has a single instance of condition I run into this
error (see end of message).  I went through using the gui and it looks like
it is only a problem when I have a single instance of a condition.  My
experimental setup will have several times of single trials within a
condition because I want to combine them at a later time in different ways.

How can I get around this error?  Why does it have a problem with a single
trial (what is the indexing)?  Is it related to taking the whole epoch as
the baseline?

Thanks for your help!

Here's the error:
pop_rmbase(): Removing baseline...
Subscripted assignment dimension mismatch.

Error in eegthresh (line 108)
elec(indexe,:) = ( sigmin < negthresh(indexe) ) | ( sigmax >
        posthresh(indexe) );

Error in pop_eegthresh (line 154)
[Itmp Irej NS Erejtmp] = eegthresh( EEG.data, EEG.pnts, elecrange,
        negthresh, posthresh, [EEG.xmin EEG.xmax], starttime, endtime);

Here is the code I'm trying to run:
EEG = pop_epoch( EEG, {  conditionname  }, [-0.8         1.5], 'newname',
[subject,conditionname], 'epochinfo', 'yes');
[ALLEEG EEG CURRENTSET] = pop_newset(ALLEEG, EEG, CURRENTSET, 'savenew',
outputFile, 'gui', 'off');
EEG = eeg_checkset( EEG );
EEG = pop_rmbase( EEG, [-800    1500]);
[ALLEEG EEG] = eeg_store(ALLEEG, EEG, CURRENTSET);
EEG = eeg_checkset( EEG );
EEG = pop_eegthresh(EEG,1,[1:65] ,-100,100,-0.8,1.296,0,1);
EEG = pop_rejtrend(EEG,1,[1:65] ,525,50,0.3,0,1,0);
[ALLEEG EEG CURRENTSET] = pop_newset(ALLEEG, EEG, CURRENTSET, 'savenew',
artifactrejectedoutputFile, 'gui', 'off');
EEG = eeg_checkset( EEG );

Thanks for any insight,
Liz