[Eeglablist] Error when precomputing channel measures for between subjects study design

Alyson Abel amills at mail.sdsu.edu
Wed Apr 13 11:18:28 PDT 2016

I actually have been having this same issue. I am trying to run a 2 group x
6 condition study. All datasets look fine (and all have 64 channels) when I
load them but I get the same error as reported by Julie "Datasets to be
concatenated do not have the same number of channels" . I am using MATLAB
R2014a and the latest EEGLAB.

Thank you for any feedback on this issue,
Alyson

Re: [Eeglablist] Error when precomputing channel measures for between
subjects study design
Dear Julie,

If I remember correctly, the cause of this (or related) problem must have
identified and fixed. Let me confirm it and get back to you.

Makoto

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Schneider, Julie <jxs114631 at utdallas.edu>
 wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I have been consistently receiving the error "Datasets to be concatenated
> do not have the same number of channels" during precomputing of channel
> measures.  I am facing a similar situation as mentioned in the thread:
> http://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2015/009848.html in that when
> manually checking each dataset, they appear to have 64 channels each.
>

> However, when I tried using Makoto's recommendations to resolve this issue
> (which were greatly appreciated!) the download of a new EEGlab was only
> temporarily helpful, and the interpolation process remained necessary.  I
> have found that, across every study, this issue only exists when trying to
> compare GROUPS (between subjects design).  When running a within subjects
> study design, using the exact same data (i.e. same channel numbers) I have
> no issues.  How could I be using the same data and have it successfully
> precompute within subjects but suddenly have an inconsistent number of
> channels when precomputing between subjects?  Any recommendations are
> greatly appreciated!
>

> Thank you in advance for your help!
>
> Julie
>

> Julie M. Schneider, M.S.
>
> Doctoral Student
>
> The Developmental Neurolinguistics Lab
>
> Brain and Behavioral Sciences, University of Texas at Dallas

---
Alyson D. Abel, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, School of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Dr., Rm 227
San Diego, CA 92182
alyson.abel at mail.sdsu.edu