[Eeglablist] Extracting ERP values after MPT clustering

Mohammed Jarjees m.jarjees.1 at research.gla.ac.uk
Mon Apr 18 10:49:52 PDT 2016

Dear All,

I am using  Measure projection toolbox (MPT) to cluster my EEG (ERP) data. In this study I have 3 groups of subjects ( First group has 10 subjects, second group has 9 subjects and third group has 10 subjects) and I have 3 conditions per group. I got 3 domains after MPT clustering. I extracted the ERP values from "sessionConditionCell" for each domains. The size of "sessionConditionCell" is 29*3 (subjects*conditions). I have used the following codes to extract the ERP values and to separate these values for each group and each condition.

domainNumber = 1; % this should be 1,2 or 3%
dipoleAndMeasure = STUDY.measureProjection.erp.object;
domain                         = STUDY.measureProjection.erp.projection.domain(domainNumber);
projection                   = STUDY.measureProjection.erp.projection;
headGrid                     = STUDY.measureProjection.erp.headGrid;
[linearProjectedMeasure sessionConditionCell groupId uniqeDatasetId dipoleDensity]  = dipoleAndMeasure.getMeanProjectedMeasureForEachSession(headGrid, domain.membershipCube, projection.projectionParameter);

for i =1 : 29 ;
Condition_1 ( i , : )= sessionConditionCell { i, 1};
Condition_2 ( i , : )= sessionConditionCell { i, 2};
Condition_3 ( i , : )= sessionConditionCell { i, 3};
end

Group_1_Condition_1= Condition_1 ( 1:10, : );     Group_2_Condition_1= Condition_1 ( 11:19, : );     Group_3_Condition_1= Condition_1 ( 20:29, : );
Group_1_Condition_2= Condition_2 ( 1:10, : );     Group_2_Condition_2= Condition_2 ( 11:19, : );     Group_3_Condition_2= Condition_2 ( 20:29, : );
Group_1_Condition_3= Condition_3 ( 1:10, : );     Group_2_Condition_3= Condition_3 ( 11:19, : );     Group_3_Condition_3= Condition_3 ( 20:29, : );

When I plotted the average ERP for each condition, each group and each domain, I got different in some results from the results that I got from MPT GUI. For example the results for group 1 at Domain 1 for 3 conditions are same as the results from MPT GUI as well as the result for domain 2 and all three group and three condition are same as the MPT GUI. However, there are big different for group 2 & 3 at domain 1 as well as group 2 & 3 at domain 3 for all three conditions.

Any Suggestion to solve this problem

Best Regards
Mohammed