[Eeglablist] How can I normalize spectra maps and the scale bar between data sets and subjects

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 19:37:38 PDT 2016

Hello Ryan, some quick thoughts below that might help, all the best.

Yes coding things by hand is useful, and you can learn a bit by looking
into the functions. Whatever function you're using has to draw the scale
and set the range, so it is possible to "hack in" modify/build functions if
you know what you're doing.

If you load up your files into a study in eeglab, and compute channel
information, then in the GUI there is the option to set the range of the
scale bar. The scale range option is under Study>Plot Channel
Measures>Params
Then you can at least plot the grand average and the single-subject
topomaps in various ways (or other channel measures you've computed).

About contour lines, if you use the topoplot function, you can modify the
number of contour lines with the 'numcontour' flag I believe.
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/allfunctions/topoplot.html