[Eeglablist] Re-referrence to average and add Cz back

Isaiah Innis isainnis at indiana.edu
Thu Apr 28 06:18:15 PDT 2016

Thank you all for your suggestions; I have used them to create a 'template'
dataset for channel locations. By editing the channel locations either
manually or using the code provided earlier I can properly put a 'Cz'
channel in the dataset.

 However, I am still running into the issue where Cz has a different
waveform depending on whether pop_interp was used or the  "add ref channel
back to data" option in pop_reref. This issue shows up even with datasets
that have been preprocessed/cleaned with ICA, so I don't think it's a
matter of bad channels.

Therefore, I am still uncertain as to which option is valid. My current
working assumption is that pop_reref includes 'Cz' in the average
computation, thereby producing different results. The wrinkle in this
hypothesis is that activity at all sites except 'Cz' is identical - only at
'Cz' is there a discrepancy. This can be seen in these images:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A1398B0A4C8F85DE!3143&authkey=!ADQdX1b8aLVm9Vo&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A1398B0A4C8F85DE!3144&authkey=!AFhRR52ewq1woDc&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

Here is a link containing a sample dataset and the code I use for each of
the two options. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could confirm
what I'm witnessing and advise on what is wrong here (perhaps I'm missing
something obvious).

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A1398B0A4C8F85DE!3146&authkey=!ALCzmvm0xZVfAJk&ithint=folder%2cpng

Thank you,

Isaiah Innis