[Eeglablist] re-reference to both mastoids (Brain Vision Recorder)

Andrea Desantis aerdna.desantis at gmail.com
Fri May 27 02:15:27 PDT 2016

Dear all,

I am a new user  of EEGLAB. I am pre-processing data collected with Brain
Vision. During data recording I used the right mastoid as online reference.

Now, I would like to re-reference to both left and right mastoids. I have
followed the procedure described below and I would like to know whether it
make sense or if i made any mistakes.

1. I added channel location (63 channels coordinates, without the online
reference electrode: right mastoid).

2. I added the missing Right Mastoid to the channel list.

3.  I set this new channel as reference.

4. On re-reference panel, I re-reference data to Left Mastoid, I ticked
'retain old reference channels in data', and I "added current reference
back to the data" (thus right mastoid).

5. I clicked again on re-reference panel, now in the option 're-reference
data to channel(s)' I selected both M1 and M2.

Is that correct? did I do something wrong?

Your feedback would be very much appreciated,
Andrea