[Eeglablist] Problem Importing Brain Vision Pycorder files

Andreas Widmann widmann at uni-leipzig.de
Thu Jun 23 02:09:51 PDT 2016

> Thanks so much! Do you happen to know how to get the channel locations for Brain Vis, as well? I tried using the standard BESA file like I did with the 32 channel Neuroscan system I used to use, but it doesn't seem to autodetect the channel locations for this system. I'm guessing I need a different file specific to the Brain Vis data?
Your header file (vhdr) only contains generic channel labels (Ch2, Ch3, …). There is no way to load standard electrode locations without specifying channel labels. You have to define the channel labels according to your electrode cap layout and channel assignment in the settings of your PyCorder recording software.

Hope this helps,
Andreas