[Eeglablist] EEGLAB with the MATLAB Compiler

Ben McCartney bmccartney06 at qub.ac.uk
Tue Jun 28 03:51:08 PDT 2016

Hello,

I have been using EEGLAB for some time for preprocessing and analysing EEG data from mobile headsets, I would now like to make use of the Matlab Compiler to produce a standalone executable of my preprocessing script. I have been compiling and installing a program, attempting to run it and finding which functions or variables are missing, then looking through the EEGLAB files to see what needs included. I am currently having difficulty ensuring all the dependencies for eeg_checkset() are covered, below is the error output when I try to load a .set file. The only mention of the undefined options variables I can find within EEGLAB are functions/adminfunc/eeg_options.m, functions/adminfunc/eeg_optionsbackup.m and functions/adminfunc/eeglab_options.m, all of which I have included in the compilation process. This script does run correctly if I use my general Matlab/EEGLAB install, so I'm wondering if anyone has made use of the Matlab Compiler with EEGLAB scripts before or has some insight into some other dependencies I would need to include?

Thanks,
Ben

Setting up environment variables
---
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is .:/usr/local/MATLAB/MATLAB_Runtime/v901/runtime/glnxa64:/usr/local/MATLAB/MATLAB_Runtime/v901/bin/glnxa64:/usr/local/MATLAB/MATLAB_Runtime/v901/sys/os/glnxa64:/usr/local/MATLAB/MATLAB_Runtime/v901/sys/opengl/lib/glnxa64
Cannot find option file /home/ben/.mcrCache9.0.1/eeg_optionsbackup.txt
Cannot find option file /home/ben/.mcrCache9.0.1/eeg_options.txt

ans =

Undefined function or variable 'option_savetwofiles'.

Warning: could not access the local eeg_options file
pop_loadset(): loading file 20160523160254_NT01-ENO-1-3_NTPrePro.set ...
Cannot find option file /home/ben/.mcrCache9.0.1/eeg_optionsbackup.txt
Cannot find option file /home/ben/.mcrCache9.0.1/eeg_options.txt

ans =

Undefined function or variable 'option_savetwofiles'.

Warning: could not access the local eeg_options file
WARNING: EEGLAB ran out of memory while converting dataset to single precision.
         Save dataset (preferably saving data to a separate file; see File > Memory options).
         Then reload it.
Undefined function or variable 'option_scaleicarms'.

Error in eeg_checkset (line 963)

Error in pop_loadset (line 192)

Error in pipeline3Compiler (line 27)