[Eeglablist] Spherical coordinates (longitude and latitude) for standard 10-20 system in degrees

Stefanie Nickels stefanie.nickels at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 13:20:50 PDT 2016

Hello all,

I am looking for a file that contains the spherical coordinates for
electrodes placed in the standard 10-20 system, but I specifically need the
values in degrees of longitude and latitude.

I am aware that eeglab contains a number of channel location lookup files
(such as standard-10-5-cap385.elp), but they only contain the spherical
theta and phi (and radius, which is constant). I understand that these
three values uniquely specify the electrode's position in the sphere, but I
don't know how to get to longitude and latitude from there. So a) does
anyone have a file that already contains the electrode positions in
longitude and latitude, or b) can someone point me towards the formula that
lets me solve for longitude and latitude from theta and phi?

Thank you all very much,
Stefanie