[Eeglablist] EYE-EEG with Tobii eye tracker

Sebastian Sauppe sauppe.s at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 13:23:10 PDT 2016

Dear EEGLAB users,

together with some collaborators from India, I'm currently planning an
experiment that co-registers eyetracking and EEG data. I wanted to use
the EYE-EEG plugin for ocular artefact correction with the method
proposed by Plöchl et al. (2012).

However, the automatic synchronisation of the EEG and eyetracking data
streams in EYE-EEG seems only to work out of the box for eyetrackers
from SMI an SR Research, but not Tobii
(http://www2.hu-berlin.de/eyetracking-eeg/index.php#require). We will
use a Tobii Pro TX300 eye tracker in this experiment. The plan is that
the eye tracker will be controlled by Tobii Pro Studio; unfortunately,
it is not possible to send triggers with this software.

Has anyone experience with using EYE-EEG with data from Tobii (and Tobii
Pro Studio) and could give me some guidance on how to synchronise the
data streams?

Regards,
Sebastian Sauppe

--
Sebastian Sauppe, M.A.
Department of Comparative Linguistics, University of Zurich