[Eeglablist] re referencing to average after ICA

Raquel London raquellondon at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 11:01:54 PDT 2016

Dear Tarik,

Thank you for your detailed reply and reading advice, I appreciate it. I
have a follow-up question if that's OK. I have some experience in EEG and
eeglab / matlab, but relatively new to ICA. I've just decided to reassess
my pre-processing protocol and try to come to a deeper understanding of
what are good practices and why.

You write; "The usual step is apply the weights to the continuous data that
is essentially the same as the data that went into ICA."
With *the same data* you mean the same time points? If I understand that
correctly, then I should run ICA on continuous 1Hz HP filtered data and
then apply the weights to the unfiltered continuous data?

Thanks!
Raquel