[Eeglablist] Mean frequency power expectra plotted in bars

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 14:03:49 PDT 2016

Hello Alberto, some notes below, best wishes.

**************************
Please review the extensive list of past eeglablist posts on your same
question. These are listed further below at the end, and provide multiple
similar past responses.

*First some general points for Alberto
Essentially, you can just review "setting up the output" for the  eeglab
function you are running.
Run the function from the gui, then type eegh to get the function that was
run.
then open and review the documentation for the function ("help" or "doc"
and function-name).
Then run the command from eegh from the command line, to show yourself that
it works as usual.
Then add the output stuff at the beginning of the function line that you
run in your matlab script.
For the spectopo function which generates spectral information for each
channel, you do something like the following in your matlab script:
[spectra freqs] = spectopo(EEG....other flags,settings);
Then you would look at the output variables, which contain the data.
Then you can cut/paste or export the data to a program of your choice.
For any eeglab function, this above process is possible. For most eeglab
functions, one can ask for output. Usually the name of the gui version is
"pop_" and then name of the underlying function. Any gui that opens has a
"pop_FunctionName" label in it's titlebar, so it's easy to tell which
function is being run.
Then you can open/review the documentation for the "pop_" version of the
function, as well as the underlying function that is being called.
**if you haven't had a chance to, review the eeglab tutorial, and the
tutorial on scripting.
**The overall process of grabbing output from functions does require a
little bit of familiarity with matlab.
**for plotting bars in matlab for a some numbers, just google "barplot
matlab" and go from there, accessing averages of data from the output of a
function.

**********LIST for Alberto OF EEGLABLIST RESPONSES TO SIMILAR QUESTIONS

https://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2016/011512.html
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2012/004622.html

here below are some of the weblinks below that come up with
the google search for "eeglablist spectra or frequency", and you can
just google each title below to get the eeglablist post. You can also
search by looking right into, or downloading, the eeglablist archives.
See also messages related to the ones below to.

[Eeglablist] help with power spectral density - Swartz Center for ...

[Eeglablist] spectopo with just the values without plotting

[Eeglablist] Calculating Alpha Asymmetry

[Eeglablist] About an export of mean band power etc

[Eeglablist] Compute Amplitude Spectra in microvolts units using ...

[Eeglablist] Calculation of each frequency band's power density?

[Eeglablist] How can I get the power of each frequency band?

[Eeglablist] about function spectopo()

How can I report the power spectral density in EEGLAB as a number ...

[Eeglablist] how can i compute power spectral denisty for EEG bands?

[Eeglablist] Alpha band extraction from spectopo

[Eeglablist] Power Spectra per channel for 3 conditions for 13 ...