[Eeglablist] Interpreting Brodmann Area and Anatomical location of Domain in MPT analysis

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 11:16:04 PDT 2016

Hello, Overall, in Mohammed's case, it depends on the atlas that his
software is using of course. In my comment, I just meant that BAs
often cover multiple anatomical areas, and I did not mean that there
are BAs for every anatomical region. Yes, I believe you're right that
some areas don't seem to have a BA label, and that BAs might be
limited to neocortex generally, though I am not familiar with the
development of the BA nomenclature in relation to midbrain/oldbrain
regions. Assumedly Brodmann could more easily determine areas on the
cortical surface, though brain atlases have certainly seen plenty of
development in last decade or two.

Below are some links and google scholar article titles that might help a little.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/21/science/human-connectome-brain-map.html?_r=0
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v536/n7615/full/nature18933.html
http://ling.umd.edu/~ellenlau/courses/nacs642/Zilles_2010.pdf

The CLAIR model: Extension of Brodmann areas based on brain
oscillations and connectivity
How localized are language brain areas? A review of Brodmann areas
involvement in oral language