[Eeglablist] About stimulus presentation delay

chao wang hnchaowang at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 18:39:40 PDT 2016

Hi, everyone,

We're recording EEG data and we use E-Prime to present stimuli. During
recording, stimuli are presented to subjects via a projector. The projector
induces a delay between stimulus presentation on E-Prime computer and in
front of subjects. We measured this delay and found that the delay was not
constant across trials but instead jitters within certain range around the
average. I would like to know is there a typical range of the jitter that
can be accepted in ERP experiments? And in this situation, what should I do
to segment EEG data with respect to stimulus onset? I mean, use the average
delay to determine the real instant of stimulus presentation, or any other
ways exist? Forgive me if my words is not clear :)

Thank you in advance!

Chao