[Eeglablist] Rrquest

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Oct 17 23:10:51 PDT 2016

Dear Nasim,

Do you mean you are designing and building EEG amplifier circuits? Hmm
interesting.

The ECoG signal amplitude is usually up to 1000 micro Volt. However, you
want to give it much more margin since ECoG and EEG signals can drift
pretty badly, especially when you use low cut-off frequency for the
high-pass filter (basically to prevent drift).

If you haven't checked this page, I recommend you read it.

http://openeeg.sourceforge.net/doc/modeeg/modeeg.html
http://openeeg.sourceforge.net/doc/modeeg/modEEGamp-v1.0.png

However, the datasheet of these chips says INA114 is from 1992, and TLC272
is from 1987?? The schema of the circuit is from 2003. I wonder if people
can do this better in 2016... Maybe you want to buy one of the modern,
cost-effective EEG recording set and analyze the circuit to learn the
tricks (or just buy them to use with a little modification? See
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/231212716_How_about_Taking_a_Low-Cost_Small_and_Wireless_EEG_for_a_Walk
)

Makoto