[Eeglablist] Warning: some channels have the same label

Raquel London raquel at dragondelapatagonia.com
Sat Oct 1 09:26:31 PDT 2016

Dear eeglabbers,

With one of my subjects, I encountered the following error message: *Warning:
some channels have the same label*
I did not do anything differently with this subject compared to the others.
I checked the channel labels and they are the same as for other data sets,
and none are repeated.
Scalp topo's don't look strange either.

I found one similar bug report online, but no solution was reported there.

In the EEG.checkset function, I found this segment; however as I mentioned,
there are no repeating labels.

% check if duplicate channel label
            % --------------------------------
            if isfield(EEG.chanlocs, 'labels')
                if length( { EEG.chanlocs.labels } ) > length(
unique({ EEG.chanlocs.labels } ) )
                    disp('Warning: some channels have the same label');
                end;
            end;

Now, I'm not sure what my next step could be in figuring out what, if
anything, could be wrong. Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks!
Raquel