[Eeglablist] Warning: some channels have the same label

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 14:16:25 PDT 2016

Hello Raquel, hoping all is well, please consider trying any/all of the
following.

0. Your problem is unusual and low-level. It's most likely something you're
doing that's weird/unexpected, or a slight eeglab bug.
1. Make sure you have the correct channel locations file loaded for this
problem subject, and it's the same as you loaded for all other subjects.
Remember that users often have to manually load the correct channel
location file in eeglab.

2. Make sure that the subject has the same number of original channel
locations as the other subjects.

3. Re-review the full content of EEG.chanlocs.labels side by side for both
the problem subject and one okay subject, at their initial import stage,
and also after you've applied correct channel locations information for
this problem subject and for the one okay subject.

4. Count the number of channels, and the number of channel labels, and
check the uniqueness of the labels for all EEG fields containing channel
information. Make sure they all match non-problem subjects.

5. Make sure you are not adding new or different labels than expected, such
as a 10-5 or 10-10 nomenclature. Something about such a list, or
re-labelling channel labels in this manner, might be making a problem for
you. First show yourself whether the problem subject persists when you only
apply the Manufacturer Channel Number labels for your channels.

6. Redo your setup and processing for the problem subject and replicate the
problem again.

7. If problem replicates regularly, please update or add to the eeglab
bugzilla report for this.

8. Search past eeglablist posts for similar problems and/or resolutions.