[Eeglablist] Error in std_envtopo

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Oct 24 17:28:54 PDT 2016

Dear Martin,

> I have now looked at the new data with all conditions (event types) in
one file. std_selectICsByCluster seems to work as intended when I analyze a
design with each condition (sz and ct) by itself.

Good to confirm that.

> But std_envtopo is still giving the same error. I have 2 variables in the
STUDY: event ('65310'  '65311'  '65312'  and '65313' representing standard,
deviant frequency, deviant duration and deviant frequency+duration) and
condition (patient (sz) and control (ct)). I use a script to load each set
into the STUDY, depending on whether the set belongs to patient or control
'condition', here for example condition 'sz':

Hmm I see.
Did you by any chance combine conditions using STUDY.design editor? I
confirmed last Thursday that the current version of std_envtopo wrapper
does not handle the combined condition names. I wrote a fix already so I
will release it within a few hours.

About checking your code, unfortunately I can't offer personal consulting
so don't expect too much. I just quickly scanned your code without running
it on Matlab. It seems very well written. If I comment on it, I would say
that it is not very useful to code STUDY creation part because you do not
repeat it very often. I personally create STUDY all from GUI. Therefore, I
don't know almost anything about STUDY creation by writing code! So I'm not
the best person anyway to diagnose your problem.

Just in case, why don't you give me the brief summary of your problem, just
in case I did not understand your problem. Meanwhile, I hope the
std_envtopo() update will fix the problem.

Makoto