[Eeglablist] pop_eegfiltnew help

Yamil Vidal Dos Santos hvidaldossantos at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 10:03:44 PST 2016

Hi,
Is because the 5th parameter (revfilt) is set to true, which indeed
reverses the direction of the filter, turning the lowpass into a hipass.
I was also confused the first time.
Cheers,
Yamil

On 29 Nov 2016 18:55, "Ahmad, Jumana" <jumana.ahmad at kcl.ac.uk> wrote:

Dear all,

I am trying to create a 1Hz dataset. I followed your advice to do this
first with the GUI. As I want a high pass filter of 1Hz I entered 1 into
the lower edge of the frequency pass band.

In EEGlab history this gave:

EEG = pop_eegfiltnew(EEG, [], 1, 1650, true, [], 1);

However, is the 1 not in the wrong place now? Should not the high pass
value go first? From above it seems like [] and 1 should swap places?

I thought the function was: function [EEG, com, b] =
pop_eegfiltnew(EEG, locutoff, hicutoff, filtorder, revfilt, usefft,
plotfreqz)

Thank you,

Jumana

*------------------------------------------*

*Jumana Ahmad*

Post-Doctoral Research Worker in Cognitive Neuroscience

*EU-AIMS Longitudinal European Autism Project (LEAP) & SynaG Study*

Room M1.09. Department of Forensic and Neurodevelopmental Sciences (PO 23)
| Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience | King’s College
London | 16 De Crespigny Park | London SE5 8AF

*Phone:* 0207848 0260| *Email:* jumana.ahmad at kcl.ac.uk
<antonia.sanjose at kcl.ac.uk> | *Website:* www.eu-aims.eu | *Facebook:*
www.facebook.com/euaims

*We are currently looking for volunteers with mild intellectual disability
to be part of our exciting and world-leading European project into brain
development and social behaviour. Please, do get in touch if you know of
anyone who may be interested in taking part. *

For digest mode, send an email with the subject "set digest mime" to
eeglablist-request at sccn.ucsd.edu