[Eeglablist] Errors in Study Loading

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 07:24:15 PST 2016

Hello Thornton,

1. Might be bug, if it's repeatable please report to eeglab bugzilla. One
of many small ones that users are likely familiar with.

2. I don't think one should press okay after just loading the files, have
to check/fill out the subject-specific info (at least ID and Condition)

3. From memory, this sounds like it could have to do with whether you've
inputted the condition, subject, and other columns (such as Group, as
needed) with correct info. I think sometimes it just wants numbers, or has
difficulty accepting strings. Try doing with just numbers or strings. You
can edit the Set info for each of the files with a loop or manually before
information correctly before STUDY loadup, the more likely it is that you
can press OK and eeglab accepts everything.

4. If you haven't, loadup the tutorial study data set, and mimic it's
settings/info to at least get a working study. Can you make the error
happen with the tutorial study files ?

5. Are you doing this all from the gui? Note you can build up a script that
does the study info and loadup, and just repeat it until it works well. No
need to put go through the STUDY gui again and again.

6. As you're not reporting any problems working with the single files, this
must be a problem in STUDY's expectations. However, there's a small chance
that's it's something about the individual files or info within them that
is generating the error.

7. If you're matlab saavy, you can search for the error string in question
in the eeglab study functions, open the function itself, and and check out
for yourself within the innards of eeglab what it's really looking for when
it throws up that error.