[Eeglablist] reference

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Dec 7 18:56:31 PST 2016

Dear Fateme,

If you don't apply average reference, the channels near the reference will
have smaller amplitude relative to the channels far from the reference.
This changes visual impression of the waves, so some people say it is not
ideal. However, if you don't mind it, you can still use any arbitrary
channel as reference, particularly if the number of channels are limited
(then the zero-sum assumption of average reference under ideal condition
does not hold well).

Makoto