[Eeglablist] Low Pass Filtering and ERSP

Ahmad, Jumana jumana.ahmad at kcl.ac.uk
Thu Dec 15 02:05:20 PST 2016

Dear Gozde,
It is difficult to completely remove frequencies above your cutoff- you will likely reduce their amplitude, but most filters have a roll off. I think that due to attenuation, and the fact you will have modulated these frequencies that it is not safe to analyse them. Power (and phase) will be distorted in some frequencies more than others.
Best wishes,
Jumana