[Eeglablist] Multiple Comparison Problem

Iman Mohammad-Rezazadeh irezazadeh at ucdavis.edu
Fri Dec 16 17:58:59 PST 2016

Hi EEGLABers.

I wonder if anyone could point me to the correct way of doing the following analysis:

I have N trials of ERP recording with the following conditions:

- 120ms baseline

- 3000ms after stimulus onset.

- and all stim-locked ;

 I would like to figure out whether the stimulus modulates the neural activation by finding out the time frames which that significant modulations happen.

Thus, if I do the ANOVA test, I will have the multiple comparison problem since I will compare every single time point ( time window) in the baseline with the after-stim period.

Do you have any suggestions for me to deal with this issue?

Best,

Iman