[Eeglablist] Multiple Comparison Problem

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Dec 29 16:09:21 PST 2016

Dear Iman,

Sorry for belated response.

> - 120ms baseline

This seems too short. Unless your data are high-pass filtered at 1000/120 s
= 8Hz, this is not recommended.

> Thus, if I do the ANOVA test, I will have the multiple comparison problem
since I will compare every single time point ( time window) in the baseline
with the after-stim period.
Do you have any suggestions for me to deal with this issue?

See Groppe et al. (2010?) Mass univariate... paper. This explains FWER. I
recommend you try GFWER with u==1, and also try larger numbers. I believe
that if you can impose constrain of minimum continuum of 10 points for
example, using u==10 can be justified (at least qualitatively speaking).

Makoto