[Eeglablist] Artifacts after removal of ICA component

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 07:39:17 PST 2016

Hello Eric, quick notes below for you regarding extracting n-1 components.
This may already be specified in makoto's recommendations page.

The flag/option within pop_runica and runica functions is simply 'pca',
'your N-1' number.

See the details on  options for the functions pop_runica and runica,
available by clicking help I believe in the eeglab gui.
The info on these functions is also available via googling or via help/doc
in matlab command line, as for all other matlab functions (usually).

Note you can also drop a channel first and then let ica run without
pca (which for some reason tends to work better for me).
You may enter the pca option and other options in the window for extra
commands in the pop_runica GUI. Alternatively,
if you haven't before, you can run ICA once, then use the eegh command to
get the command line version, and then add the pca option.