[Eeglablist] Questions about epochs and scripts

Luigi Pavone gi19gi82 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 03:07:07 PST 2016

Hello everybody,

I'm new in eeglab, I would like to ask you some questions.

I have a continuos 17 channels EEG signal.

I would like to extract epochs from that signal. Each epoch has length of
500 msec and starts 100 msec before the stimulus and last 400 msec after
the stimulus.

I have in total about 180 of such epochs.

I've tried to extract epochs from EEG using "Extract Epochs" function from
"Tools" menù, but eeglab ask me to define events first.

How can i define events and then epochs in such way?

I've tried to read from tutorials, but i didn't find (at least until now)
something that explain how to do this.

Thank you so much in advance.

Best regards,

Luigi Pavone