[Eeglablist] A toolbox for calculating and visualizing cross-frequency power spectrum covariance

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Jan 4 09:57:48 PST 2017

Dear Scott,

If you take mean across 4-8Hz and 30-200Hz, you can do it. Currently, by
default the frequency ranges are separated into log-spaced 100 bins.

Scott, this is a downgraded version of your 2nd-ICA analysis on spectra
from every 1-s epoch (or something like that) presented in Onton & Makeig
(2009) emotion study. Instead of running ICA on time-frequency IC
activations multivariately, it performs within-IC cross-frequency power
spectrum correlation. If I run ICA on the same data, it would replicate
your method. Actually, I reduced the function into within-IC calculation
only. Initially it was across all ICs, which means output from the function
has IC x IC x freq x freq, but it was too much so I decided to cut all
non-diagonal parts).

Makoto