[Eeglablist] baseline for short trial durations

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Jan 12 21:43:32 PST 2017

Dear Jumana,

> Is this long enough for ITC.

No. See this timely update of my wiki page.

https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Makoto%27s_preprocessing_pipeline#A_tip_to_compute_time-frequency_transform_.28i.e._ERSP_.26_ITC.29_.2801.2F11.2F2017_updated.29

Therefore, you still want to use -1 to 2 second even if it create massive
overlap. Your data will be 6 times heavier, and it's EEGLAB's pipeline
issue: if you can compute time-frequency transform first then epoch, it
does not occur. Hoewver, except for inefficiency. you can still perform a
correct computation, which is good.

Makoto