[Eeglablist] comparing conditions

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 14:30:05 PST 2017

Hello Jumana, brief notes below, best wishes!

To make the STUDY machinery work, it's necessary to make separate files for
each of your different conditions and subjects.
I believe that this is the way the current STUDY works, unless there's been
major updates (see current revision lists for eeglab)

If you wanted to do it by loading one file, you would have to do it with
coding new matlab code to
feed information to the STUDY functions, essentially using eeglab to create
the 4 condition files inside matlab memory in the format of ALLEEG
structure. This would take a bit of time, as you would have to really
understand the code of the STUDY functions very well. It would be better to
make use of the study functions initially, learn how they work, and then if
you have time build your own version.

If you're interested in other options, you should review the data
structures in Fieldtrip and other eeg analyses programs.
You may also benefit from reading Mike Cohen's books on Time-Frequency
analyses, which has a nice discussion of
building a data hypercube (of metrics X subjects X conditions) of
spectrogram or other data,
which you can interogate as you wish, and then apply functions from eeglab
or other programs.

If you are still new to matlab coding and digging into functions, which
require a moderate level of expertise, and you still want to build your own
method, it is recommended you make contact with a researchers that have
larger labs that use eeglab, and consulting with one of the students or
scientists there. You might also find a consultant on the eeglab list.