[Eeglablist] Urgent help

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Tue Jan 24 11:04:52 PST 2017

Dear Andria,

If you don't have event markers, you cannot apply event-related potential
analysis. All you can use is basically spectra in EEGLAB STUDY.

> 1- For first subject, how did you recommend saving the recorded data
(during the experiment) to be used later at preprocessing stage and STUDY
option?

Save as a single .set file. Again, if you don't have events, that's the
only option for you.

> 2- However, do you recommend *ALWAYS* using **only** one file to save the
data for each subject (all conditions) with both ERP and ERSP analysis?

Yes, I recommend that. Historically, EEGLAB supported separate .set files
for different conditions, but now STUDY.design can handle them, and the old
method tend to have compatibility problem so less stable.

Makoto