[Eeglablist] Statistical test

cyril pernet cyril.pernet at ed.ac.uk
Fri Jan 27 03:24:09 PST 2017

Re: [Eeglablist] Statistical test
From:
Makoto Miyakoshi <mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu>
Date:
25/01/2017 01:53

To:
ali zahedi <ali.zahedi.bham at gmail.com>
CC:
EEGLAB List <eeglablist at sccn.ucsd.edu>

Dear Ali,

It is not totally clear, but the attached figure looks as if you have 2
x 2 x 2 design. In this case, what you need is 3 way ANOVA. Of course,
you can apply t-test from the beginning as planned test, but that can be
recommended only when a small subset of the t-tests are of your interest
(you don't want to repeat it too many times because of multiple
comparison correction issues.)

So, why don't you try repeated measures 3 way, 2 x 2 x 2 ANOVA.
Makoto

--> just to add that this can easily be done using the LIMO EEG toolbox
(model the 6 conditions per subject then do an ANOVA across subjects)

Cyril

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 10:05 AM, ali zahedi <ali.zahedi.bham at gmail.com