[Eeglablist] eeglab info to LORETA

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 11:36:25 PST 2017

Hello Vivien,

I am amature too, but here's some thoughts. Perhaps we'll here from
some people who've use loreta more in conjunction with eeglab. You may
also want to contact some people who have reported doing that in
papers. Please let the list know if you get to a happy point where
things work well. Be sure to check out the options within eeglab for
source-estimate solutions if you haven't had a chance to.

1. First you probably need to just try to get normal EEG into sloreta,
and compute reasonable source estimates for that. For this you need to
follow all the sloreta steps in their tutorial. This mainly includes
matrix, etc..
I think there is tutorial data there too.

Usually, for me, this requires that the data one exports from eeglab
(usually as a set of single-trial text files) for sloreta have exactly
and only the correct channels that one wants to use.

I believe when you export as a component from eeglab, you are getting
the same thing (single trial files with X number of channels), but I
may be wrong.

My understanding might be incorrect, but you should check if you need to
to compute the cross-spectral estimates first within sloreta on the
component data,
before computing the source estimates.

The sloreta interface also has a nice little channel selection montage
gui, and instructions.

2. Note that brainstorm can also do what you would like, and I believe
you can open eeglab files with it and go from there.

3. Note that sloreta also allows you to compute ICA, I believe in the
source-space. So you may want to check that out.