[Eeglablist] re-epoching, ICA selected periods

José Luis joseluisulloafulgeri at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 07:11:13 PST 2017

hi,

I'm analysing EEG data and want to perform ERP and time-frequency analyses,
I'm doing the pre-processing with EEGlab,
I wanted to move fast so I epoch my data and then I proceed with the
artefact rejection. I epoch my data taken into consideration that for
time-frequency I need a buffer zone,
Now, I want to perform ICA but only in a selected time period of interest.
I have several question here:
1) Can I do ICA in select periods of time within my epochs?
2) If not, I could try to re-epoch my dataset, perform ICA in the
re-epoched (shorter) dataset, and then re-inject the weight of the ICA back
to the original dataset), does that sound ok? I'm only interested in my
selected time period of interest, and the rest of the signal I would use it
because I need a buffer zone, and because long periods to compute power at
low frequencies,
3) Can I epoch relative to two triggers, i.e. for a sequence of triggers:
A, B, C, D, E I want to do from -0.5 relative to A until E,

Thanks in advance for your help,
Jose

--
José Luis ULLOA FULGERI, PhD