[Eeglablist] re-epoching, ICA selected periods

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 12:25:53 PST 2017

Hello Jose,

Yes you should be able to re-epoch, then run ICA on just the epochs without
the buffer time,
and then re-apply the ICA results to the files with the buffer time, and go
from there.
You may have to insert a new trigger, but you should be able to just
"select an epoch start/end time that does include the buffer times. First
try it with one file from the gui, and use eegh to build a script for that.

Overall, if your buffer time is under ~2 seconds, and has no large
artifacts, it would be okay to include them in the ICA. In other words,
your ICA results should look very similar with either method (with or
without the buffer periods).

Check Makoto's general recommendations for ICA just in case, if you haven't
had a chance to.